These terms apply to all access to, and use of, the Websites by you and the information and other content on the Website, accessible via the Website or sent to you as a result of you registering with one of the Websites (collectively “Content”)
If you buy any Content or other product from any of the Websites, the applicable terms will be presented to you at the point of purchase. Those terms are separate from, and operate in addition to, these terms.
Special terms about information relating to students: Some of the products or services accessible via the Websites involve teacher-directed, student use of our on-line services. In order to enable students to undertake that use, teachers need to enter the following information into the product or service:
Student first name; student initials plus a number; student class name.
We do not collect, or require teachers to enter, any other information about any student.
This information relating to students is for the purpose of providing those on-line services and is solely for educational purposes and for the benefit of the educator using our products or services. We do not use any of the limited information that we collect from students, or that teachers enter into our systems about students, for commercial purposes and we never sell information obtained from students for any reason.
As a teacher responsible for supervising students’ use of products and services accessible via the Websites, you promise that your school has the consent of the parent or guardian of each student for you to enter, or allow students to enter, the information referred to above into the relevant product or service.
The information on the Websites is provided to you subject to these terms. By using any of the Websites you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms, you must cease using the Websites immediately. If you do accept these terms, you accept them on your own behalf, on behalf of the students that you are supervising during their activities on the Websites and on behalf of the education institution at which the students are enrolled.
We have used reasonable efforts to make sure that Content is accurate, complete and up to date.
You may have rights under any applicable consumer guarantees set out in Division 1 of Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law. Nothing in these terms is intended to, or does, exclude, limit or modify any rights or remedies you may have if we breach, or any person acting under our control breaches, a consumer guarantee. Subject to those rights and remedies, if they apply, you agree that:
- the Content is intended to be used only for background and information purposes and does not constitute professional advice;
- we do not guarantee that the Content is accurate, definitive, reliable, complete or up-to-date;
- we do not undertake to keep the Content updated;
- we exclude liability for any loss suffered by you or any other person as a result of reliance by you or that person on the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of any of the Content;
- we make no warranty or representation:
- as to the quality, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any of the Content;
- that any files accessible on or via the Website any Linked Site or any server on which the Website or any Linked Site are hosted are free of viruses, errors, defects;
- that the Website and any of the Content will be accessible to you on a continuous or uninterrupted basis; or
- that any viruses, errors or defects discovered to exist on our Site, Linked Sites or the servers on which they are hosted will be corrected.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Content is protected by copyright. If any Content is made available on the Website for expressly for download or printing, you may:
- download that Content to a local hard disk, or print extracts from the Content, for your personal, non-commercial use or for any other use specified in the Content or on the Website at the point at which you download it; and
- provide downloaded or printed extracts of the Content to others for their personal, non-commercial use or for any other use specified in the Content or on the Website at the point at which you download it. Any other reproduction, distribution, re-transmission or modification of the Content, whether in electronic or hard copy form, without our express prior written consent, is prohibited. We do not own or have rights in respect of the copyright in any content on any website that is accessible from the Website by a hypertext link or links (“Linked Site”). Your use of any Linked Site and any content on any Linked Site is governed by the terms of the Linked Site.
Some of the Content, and products, logos, technology and processes accessible via, or incorporated in, the Website may be protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights owned by third parties. You have no right to use any of those intellectual property rights except as expressly authorised by these terms.
Linked Sites are accessible from the Website. We do not have any responsibility, and we accept no liability, for content on any Linked Site. We do not endorse or approve of, nor do we accept any responsibility or liability for, any of that content or any product or service accessible through, or offered on, any Linked Site.
Your individual ECP profile
If the Website enables users to set up accounts, you may be issued with a password if you set up an account with the Website. You agree that you will not share the password or other login information with any other person. Once you log onto the Website you can keep your personal and contact information up to date. You agree that you are and will remain liable for all acts or omissions of any person who accesses the Website using your account unless you can demonstrate to our reasonable satisfaction that you did not provide your password or other login details to the person who accessed the Website and that they did so without your express or implied consent.